Patti Callahan Henry is an American novelist. She is the New York Times bestselling author of fifteen books, including the historical novel, BECOMING MRS. LEWIS – The Improbable Love Story of Joy Davidman and C.S. Lewis  and her upcoming work of contemporary Southern fiction THE FAVORITE DAUGHTER  , coming June 4, 2019.
Patti’s books include Losing the Moon; Where the River Runs; When Light Breaks; Between the Tides; Between the Tides; The Art of Keeping Secrets; Driftwood Summer; The Perfect Love Song: A Holiday Story; Coming Up for Air; And Then I Found You; The Stories We Tell; The Idea of Love; The Bookshop at Water’s End; Becoming Mrs. Lewis; and The Favorite Daughter.
A finalist in the Townsend Prize for Fiction, an Indie Next Pick, an OKRA pick, and a multiple nominee for the Southern Independent Booksellers Alliance (SIBA) Novel of the Year, Patti is published in numerous languages. Her articles and essays have appeared in Southern Living, PINK, Writer’s Digest, Portico Magazine, and Birmingham Magazine among other outlets.
Her essays can be found in these anthologies and collections: Our Prince of Scribes: Writers Remember Pat Conroy; Southern Writers Writing; State of the Heart: South Carolina Writers on the Places They Love; A Thousand Doors: An Anthology of Many Lives; Millennial Messages: Letters From Mothers to Their Millennial (and Centennial) Daughters; and Dead Ends: Stories from the Gothic South
Growing up in Philadelphia as the daughter of a Presbyterian minister, Patti learned early the value of storytelling. At the age of twelve, her family moved to South Florida where Patti found the sanctuary of libraries and began her slow but steady journey into understanding the power of story to navigate confusing times in life.
Patti attended Auburn University for her undergraduate work, and Georgia State University for her graduate degree. Once a Pediatric Clinical Nurse Specialist, she now writes full time. The mother of three children, she lives in both Mountain Brook, Alabama and Bluffton, South Carolina with her husband.
- Losing the Moon, New American Library, 2004
- Where the River Runs, New American Library, 2005
- When Light Breaks, New American Library, 2006
- Between The Tides, New American Library, 2007
- The Art of Keeping Secrets, New American Library, 2008
- Driftwood Summer, New American Library, 2009
- The Perfect Love Song: A Holiday Story, Vanguard Press, 2010
- Coming Up for Air, St. Martin's Press, 2011
- And Then I Found You, St. Martin's Press, 2013
- Friend Request (short story e-book), St. Martin's Press, 2013
- The Stories We Tell, St. Martin's Press, 2014
- The Idea of Love, St. Martin's Press, 2015
- The Bookshop at Water's End, Penguin Random House, Berkley, 2017
- Becoming Mrs. Lewis, HarperCollins, Thomas Nelson, 2018
- The Favorite Daughter, Penguin Random House, Berkley, 2019
- Our Prince of Scribes: Writers Remember Pat Conroy, University of Georgia Press, 2018
- Southern Writers Writing, University Press of Mississippi, 2018
- State of the Heart: South Carolina Writers on the Places They Love, University of South Carolina Press, 2018
- A Thousand Doors: An Anthology of Many Lives, Two Tales Press, 2018
- Millennial Messages: Letters From Mothers to Their Millennial (and Centennial) Daughters, CreateSpace, 2017
- Dead Ends: Stories from the Gothic South, Two Tales Press, 2017