The 1798 Karlsruhe Synagogue is an early building by the influential architect Friedrich Weinbrenner in the city of Karlsruhe. According to David Brownlee, this "synagogue was the first large Egyptian building to be erected since antiquity." According to Diana Muir Appelbaum, it was "the first public building (that is, not a folly, stage set, or funeral monument) in the Egyptian revival style." Appelbaum writes that the pair of tall pylons are copied from the temple at Karnak.
The structure stood until 1871.