Jet Black & Jealous is an album by American country music band Eli Young Band. It was released on September 16, 2008 by Universal South. The album's first single, "When It Rains", peaked at #34 on the Billboard Hot Country Songs chart. A second single, "Always the Love Songs", was released to country radio in September 2008, and debuted at #60 on the Billboard Hot Country Songs chart, ultimately peaking at #11. Originally written by New Orleans-born songwriter Paul Sanchez, the song "Jet Black & Jealous" was re-written for the Eli Young Band by Scooter Carusoe.
"When It Rains" was the album's first single, spending more than thirty weeks on the charts and peaking at #34 on the U.S. Billboard Hot Country Songs chart. After it came "Always the Love Songs," which became the band's first Top 20 hit with a peak of #11. The album's third and fourth singles, "Radio Waves" and "Guinevere," peaked at #35 and #45, respectively.
Juli Thanki of Engine 145 gave "Radio Waves" a "thumbs up," describing it as "one of the worst" songs on the album, but saying that it recalled the sound of the Gin Blossoms and was "far from unlistenable."
- Mike Eli- acoustic guitar, lead vocals
- Jon Jones- bass guitar, background vocals
- Chris Thompson- drums
- James Young- electric guitar, harmonica, mandolin, background vocals
- Vince Barnhart- background vocals
- Rick Brantley- harmonica
- Chris Carmichael- strings
- Fred Eltringham- percussion
- Erik Herbst- baritone guitar
- Russ Pahl- pedal steel guitar
- Blu Sanders- acoustic guitar, background vocals
- Michael Webb- Hammond organ
- Mike Wrucke- banjo, acoustic guitar, electric guitar, pedal steel guitar, background vocals
- Tommy Young- Hammond organ