Eduardo Makaroff is an Argentinean musician, songwriter, producer, born in Buenos Aires on April 4, 1954. He is most known as one of the founders of Gotan Project , which has brought together the broad universe of tango with electronic music.
It was in 1990 that Makaroff arrived in Paris to begin his French career, which followed an already rich career. in his own country: His first group was founded with his brother, Sergio, in the 1970s: Los hermanos Makaroff. Then, in the 1980s,he founded the duo "Edu y el Pollo" with Daniel Mactas. Makaroff has composed and performed film scores and television series credits. He has also presented and produced programs for television and radio. Upon his arrival in Paris, Makaroff formed the group Mano a Mano, with which he produced Tango Joyeux, an album that received a very warm welcome in France and throughout Europe. He later became the conductor of a famous Parisian tango club, La Coupole. Guitarist-singer-songwriter (he has several albums to his credit), he toured Europe with his group Tango Mano, while continuing to compose and produce music for the audiovisual industry.
In 1999, Makaroff teamed up with Christoph H. Müller and Philippe Cohen-Solal to explore new musical routes and give a different direction to the traditional music of his home country: Gotan Project was born. Gotan Project's music has been released on many, many compilation albums and has been used in a large amount of feature films and TV series.
Makaroff met another Argentinian in Paris, Gérard Lo Monaco, to whom he gives some tango guitar lessons. Together, they create the label Mañana, a label dedicated to the creation in Tango and to the development of Argentinean music in the world.
In 2018, Müller & Makaroff re-create Plaza Francia Orchestra  and release the eponymous album with the participation of Catherine Ringer, Lura and Maria Muliterno, as well as Argentinean musicians Pablo Gignoli and Sebastian Volco . The famous Argentinean painter Antonio Seguí designs a painting that will become the cover of the album. In summer 2018 they begin a new tour (2018–2020).
- 1999 : Gotan Project "Vuelvo al sur/El capitalismo foraneo (maxi 10")"
- 2000 : Gotan Project "Santa Maria (Maxi 10")"
- 2000 : Gotan Project "Triptico (Maxi 10")"
- 2001 : Gotan Project "La revancha del tango"
- 2006 : Gotan Project "Lunatico"
- 2006 : Je ne suis pas là pour être aimé (soundtrack)
- 2008 : Soundtrack of the film "El gaucho"
- 2010 : Gotan Project "Tango 3.0"
- 2014 : Plaza Francia "A new tango songbook"
- 2015 : Plaza Francia "Live Re-Experience"
- 2018 : Plaza Francia Orchestra "Plaza Francia Orchestra"
- Te amo (de Eduardo Calcagno) (1986)
- Je ne suis pas là pour être aimé (2005)
- Nordeste (de Juan Solanas) (2005)
- El gaucho (de Andrés Jarach), (2009)
- Au fil d'Ariane (2014)
- Shall We Dance – "Santa María (del buen ayre)" 2001 (http://youtu.be/4u6ycs90YIk)
- Ocean’s 12 – “El Capitalismo Foraneo” (http://vimeo.com/12067064)
- The Bourne Identity – “Época”
- The Truth about Charlie – “Época”
- Meant to Be – “Época”
- Knight & Day – “Santa María (del buen ayre)” “Santa María Pepe Braddock rmx” “Diferente”
- Lies & Alibis – "Santa María (del buen ayre)“
- Guess Who – “Queremos Paz”
- Benjamim – “Vuelvo al Sur”
- Powder Blue – “Amor Porteño"
- Tom at the Farm
- Maradona, Gamin en Or