Doncaster Royal Infirmary is a district general hospital of 800 beds, located in Doncaster, South Yorkshire, England managed by Doncaster and Bassetlaw Teaching Hospitals NHS Foundation Trust
Doncaster Royal Infirmary started life as the Doncaster Dispensary on French Gate (now Greyfriars Road) in 1792. This became the Doncaster General Infirmary and Dispensary in 1868 and the Doncaster Royal Infirmary and Dispensary in 1906.
Plans for a new hospital were developed after the First World War and a three-day fund-raising bazaar was opened by HRH Princess Christian in March 1922. The foundation stone was laid by the Prince of Wales in 1926 and the first part of the hospital, on Thorne Road (now the West Ward Block), opened to patients in 1930. The hospital was officially opened by the Earl of Lonsdale in 1935, the East Ward Block was added in 1968, the Women's Hospital in 1969, and the Children's Hospital in 1989.