Founded as an agricultural high school in 1908, it was soon converted to a school of agriculture.
At statehood, the Oklahoma Constitution specified that the state should have an agricultural school in each of the State Supreme Court Judicial Districts. These schools would be granted at least 80 acres (32 ha), and be overseen by Oklahoma's Board of Agriculture. In the First Judicial District, Warner, Oklahoma vied with Muskogee as the school location. Led by State Senator Campbell Russell, Warner residents donated 160 acres (65 ha) for the school and Warner won the competition. The school was named in honor of John P. Connors, the Board of Agriculture's first president.
In March 1927, the Oklahoma Legislature made the school an accredited junior college and renamed it as Connors State Agricultural College. In 1941, the school was put under the oversight of newly created Oklahoma State System of Higher Education. In 1944, it was transferred to the Board of Regents for Agricultural and Mechanical Colleges. It was again renamed as Connors State College of Agriculture and Applied Science in 1967.
Organization and administration
The current (Interim) President of Connors State College is Dr. Ronald Ramming. 
The school offers degrees up to the Associate's degree.
The college athletic teams are nicknamed the Cowboys.