Cœuvres-et-Valsery is a commune in the Aisne department in Hauts-de-France in northern France. The town is in the Arrondissement of Soissons.
The commune of Cœuvres was created during the French Revolution. On May 29, 1830, it was abolished by ordinance and merged with the neighboring commune of Valsery1. The new entity takes the name of Cœuvres-et-Valsery.
Until its merger with Valsery in 1845, the town was part of the canton of Vic-sur-Aisne in the department of Aisne. It also belonged to the district of Soissons since 1801 and the district of Soissons between 1790 and 1795.
Valsery Abbey or Abbaye Notre-Dame de Valsery) was a Premonstratensian monastery of the Diocese of Soissons, that used to be in the town.